TVShare Media Server

User Forums

Go to TVShare home page
View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 pm

*  Forum rules
Before making use of this forum, please read in its entirety the forum policies announcement http://www.tvmediashare.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38.

Hyrus
Post  Post subject: Best Format for saving files  |  Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm

What format should I try to keep all my video files in so Tvshare has no problem sending them? Some mp4's work but on some newer ones I have no picture and what I am trying to ask is what mp4 codec and resolution has no trouble with Tvshare? I have Quickmedia reformatter and can change them to whatever I need but it takes a while to reformat one so I need to know what would be best before I start changing them all.
And also is it possible to use this program with my portable devices within my wireless range? I have an android tablet I would like to use it on, so what android app will I need if it is possible to use Tvshare with it?

Thank you

TVShareadmin
Post  Post subject: Re: Best Format for saving files  |  Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 am
Site Admin

Hi Hyrus, welcome to the forums and thank you for using TVShare.

For mp4 media I have had good success with avc1 video codec 29.97 fps, 1920x1080. Audio codec mp4a, 2 Channel 48000 Sample Rate, avg audio bitrate of 128kbps. Total bitrates (Audio+Video) should be around 10Mbps, but VLC can compensate even if the bitrate is above that.

Recent releases of VLC have not done a good job of transcoding media (which is why TVShare only supports older versions) But it can't be long before a new version is released and support may be improved for your other mp4 videos.

I hope this helps!

Hyrus
Post  Post subject: Re: Best Format for saving files  |  Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 am

Thank you - helps a lot - will save me a lot of encoding.
And I wanted to add that the VLC app for android picks up the Tvshare server great.
I'm figuring it out a bit at a time now.